Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up....

Some times in one's life, one says things that one immediately wishes they could take back.   I wish I had the time right now to write this story properly and give it the comic justice it deserves, but alas, dinner is fast approaching.  (I may come back and edit later...)  So here it is.

I'm sitting here on the sofa with my baby, my 16 year old son, firstborn, heir to the throne, apple of his mother's eye.  He's such a good boy.  Straight A's in school, just got his first car and first job, worked a 6 hour shift in/outside in miserable weather today, only to come home to rest and shortly after find that 3 year old little sister has COVERED his brand new car in dirt, thrown with her plastic shovel (which she was cleaning off in the cat water).  But did he get angry?  Did he even think to yell or vent?  No...he said to me, "I thought it was something serious, from the way you were yelling at first."

Sweet, sweet boy.

Right so we're sitting on the sofa.  Discussing his day, how work went, etc.  I had on, in the background, the NFL channel because I had been enjoying a pre-season game earlier, to get myself into the football spirit.  All of a sudden, my darling son glances at the TV (which I'm paying no attention to) and blurts out, "what is that thing?  Some kind of masturbation device?"

<pause for dramatic effect>

Shake Weight for Men




Yes, mothers of little ones.  This too will happen to you.  And when it does, I hope you will come back and tell me all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment